Last updated: October 28, 2020
- Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with OMG. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign-up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the OMG service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising”. Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as understanding and enhancing the use of our service, improving site performance, monitoring visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understanding interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party websites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impact the effectiveness of web beacons.
- We may use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as enforceing our terms, preventing fraud, and analyzing the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the “settings” or “preferences” menus; see your browser’s help function or support page to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
4. You can change your cookie preferences through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular broswers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that if you disable Essential cookies, there may be an effect on how the service functions.